servings=12 cupcakes, prep time=10min, cooking time=40 min, cooling time=4hours, decoration time=10 min, price=60 cents/cupcake
Gastropost is a community of food lovers that go on weekly food missions that get featured in Toronto’s National Post Newspaper. I was introduced to this community a few months ago; since then, I have enjoyed working on all their weekly missions, and have had many of my contributions featured in the Weekend’s Post. To celebrate their 1st year anniversary, I was inspired by the Gastropost logo to make these mango raspberry cheesecake cups topped off with white chocolate letters. Using Kit Kat in the base mix has added a rich flavour to these delicious treats.
zero.1 block of light cream cheese, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 egg, 2 Kit Kat bars, 2 tbsp butter, 2 packs of raspberries 1 mango, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, zest of 1 lemon, 1 cup of raspberry jam, 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup graham crumbs, and 1/4 cup of mango juice
1. Place 12 baking cups into the cupcake baking tray. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs, 1 cup of crushed Kit Kat bars, and 2 tbsp of melted butter. Add a bit of this mix to each of the cupcake cups. Press it down with your fingers
3. Bake the cups for 10 min at 350F to solidify the crust then take out of the oven and set aside.
4. Soften 1 block of cream cheese by placing it in the mircrowave for 20 seconds.
5. In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, 1 cracked egg, 2 tbsp sugar, mango cubes, 1 cup of sour cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Beat for a few seconds using a hand blender or mixer. Distribute the mixture into the baking cups. Bake for 30 min at 350F.
6.Turn off the oven, keep the cakes inside for another 10 min. Don’t open the oven while the cupcakes are baking to avoid cracking the surface. Let the cupcakes cool, then place in the fridge for a least 4 hours before serving.
gourmet. To decorate the cheesecake cups, add a couple of tsp of raspberry jam to each cupcake and top it off with fresh raspberries. Enjoy!